Update 27.02.2022

As we are slowly approaching the submission of our CanSat for the launch campaign, we continued with the completion of the probe last Saturday. For the first time, we were able to fully integrate the pump system, for which all components were finally available to us, into a test print of our structure. As a result, we noticed a need for optimisation of the outer shell in some places, which would not have been possible during the planning in the CAD model, as the dimensions of individual components often deviate from the specified ideal value in reality. In addition, it was difficult to plan the hose routing of the pump system in advance, as we had to bend the hoses inside a lot without them kinking and thus reducing the inner diameter. This revealed clear space problems inside. Especially in places where cable management and pump system cross each other, we had to spend some time trying to fit everything in. We can now use the knowledge we have gained to design another and possibly final version of our structure.

The illustration shows the pump system inside the designated segments of our structure. The top level in which there is a holder for the pump, as well as the three threaded rods for connecting all the segments, have been omitted for better clarity.

You can see the three two-way valves (dark blue and white) and the pump above them (black and grey). Three transparent gas collection bags can be seen at the edge of the orange outer shell.

We also completed the parachutes for 11 m/s and 15 m/s fall speeds, which until now had been missing the attachment of the parachute to the probe via eight nylon cords. We used a lighter to fuse them together under heat at the knots.

We were also able to continue working on the electronics of our CanSat. First, we assembled the industrially manufactured circuit board that we had received from Tesat by soldering on the Arduino, connectors and other components. We then checked the functionality one by one by linking all the sensors and other components to the Arduino via the board and running our test programmes. Fortunately, no problems were encountered.

The picture shows our finished board with the Arduino soldered on.
Some of our components are connected via provisional plug connections for testing.
.

We are already working on the correct cable connections to ensure a secure connection between the sensors and our board..

en_GBEnglish (UK)